Prime Property are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and fully supports the Data Protection Act. The information we collect from you is only what is required to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
When you submit your personal details to us you will be deemed to consent to its use by Prime Property in the ways described below.
Prime Property use your personal data to deliver services to you, conduct searches about your identity, your current and past addresses, your right to live in the UK and your credit history to meet applicable laws and to provide a recommendation to landlord clients on your suitability as a tenant. As part of our referencing process we do access all forms of Social Media including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In etc.
Information about you is shared with partners as described in this policy who have undertaken to hold your personal data in compliance with applicable laws.
What Information is collected
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us, be it via telephone, email, completed application forms or any other form of contact. This is the personal data which you give us (which normally includes name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, credit history, previous addresses, identification).
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes we will receive information about you from third parties, in particular:
- Previous or current Landlords for the purpose of referencing
- Enquiries through property portals when you request further information on a property or request information of contact from us.
- Other agents and/or companies for the purpose of referencing
- Information from Social Media platforms for the purpose of referencing
- Information from the Land Registry for the purpose of referencing
How we use the information, and what is the legal basis for the use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, this includes: Providing our services including processing personal information in connection with a property letting arrangement for the transfer of funds or by or to third partiesCommunicating with you.
As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:We will use your information to provide services to you before we have a contract with you (for instance sending potential tenants property details) and to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us,We use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or others about our services or properties that we deal with,We will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal processes or litigation).
- For purposes which are required by law: To verify your identity, andIn response to requests by Government or Law Enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Wherever we rely on your consent you will always be able to withdraw your consent, although we may have other legitimate legal grounds for processing and retaining your data for other purposes, such as those set out above.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
- Solicitors and other agents for legal advice relating to your property
- Any other named party to a signed contract, such as your Landlord or Tenant;
- Third parties who provide services to the property for maintenance and repairs, including electricians, plumbers, builders, etc)-Surveying companies for surveying services as required,
- Utility Companies where we are required to do so to adhere to a tenancy agreement
- Reference companies to obtain references and credit checks for letting a property
- Block Managers where a let property is a leasehold property
- Inventory companies who conduct check in and check our reports
- Other estate agents when acting as a sub-agent on our behalf
- Insurance and Warranty companies if you have decided to buy a product or service through us.
Personal data may be shared with Government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event we sell or integrate our business with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owner of the business.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract, we keep the data for 7 years from our last interaction with you.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data.
In addition you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we required by law to keep or we have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns you have the right to complain to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office)
How do I get in touch?